Need a great place to stay in St. George, Utah? The good news is that it's hard to go wrong here.
The St. George metro area is big enough to offer lots of lodging options for every budget but small enough that any location is fairly close to whatever you want to do. If there is a bad neighborhood in St. George, I'm not aware of it.
My family has visited St. George many times and we have enjoyed many hotels and vacation rentals here. In this article, I'm sharing my general tips for booking a family-friendly place in St. George, plus specific recommendations that can help you book a great place fast.
Search for hotels and vacation rentals online and read reviews to find the right place for you. My favorite websites for finding hotels and vacation rentals in St. George are:
- TripAdvisor.com – compare rates and reviews for dozens of hotels and rentals on one website
- Airbnb.com – find a wide variety of vacation rentals, typically for the best price
- VRBO.com – find a wide variety of vacation rentals, typically from well-established renters
If you're heading for a specific destination like Zion National Park, Tuacahn, or a convention, it's nice to stay close. Here are some popular destinations and where to book.
- Zion National Park – Aim for the northeast end of St. George along Interstate 15, including Washington and Hurricane.
- Tuacahn Amphitheatre and Snow Canyon – Aim for Bluff Street or the cities of Ivins or Santa Clara.
- Convention Center – Aim for one of several hotels within walking distance. There are several more good hotels nearby on Bluff Street.
St. George is wonderfully warm and sunny most of the year but it's very hot in the summer. When pool time is a priority, St. George is your best bet year-round.
If you're planning a national parks trip in the summer, consider staying in Cedar City instead. It's 45 minutes away and has a higher elevation, so it's generally about 10 degrees cooler.
Keep reading to get my specific recommendations for where to stay in St. George, Utah.
Related: Where to Stay at Zion National Park
Hotels in St. George
The Abbey Inn is a Best Western Plus hotel. It's located on Bluff Street near Interstate 15, the convention center, university, temple, restaurants, and anything else in downtown St. George. It's a 15-minute drive from Tuacahn. It has a year-round outdoor pool, free breakfast, and moderate rates.
Why stay here:
- Convenient Bluff Street location
- Top rated
- Moderately priced
Related: 10 Fun Things to Do in St. George
Comfort Inn at Convention Center
My husband has a work conference in St. George every February, and we turn it into a romantic getaway. There are several good hotels within a short walk of the convention center. After trying several of them, the Comfort Inn at Convention Center has become our first choice.
If someone else is paying for your convention lodging, then you may want a nicer room, pool, or breakfast at the Hilton Garden Inn or another of the neighboring hotels. But if you are paying your own way, the Comfort Inn offers all of these amenities for a lower price.
Why stay here:
- Short walk to Convention Center
- Free breakfast
Vacation Rentals in St. George
Las Palmas Resort
Las Palmas is a large resort in the Green Valley area of St. George. It's a little off the beaten path and a little older, but if you want a place with lots of fun pools and other on-site activities, it is a good choice.
We booked a two-bedroom condominium overlooking the main pool through Airbnb.com. My sisters and parents decided to join us and they booked a newer three-bedroom condo on the other side of the resort through Airbnb. Las Palmas was a great base for our last-minute family reunion.
It won't be immediately obvious on Airbnb which rentals are at Las Palmas and which are elsewhere. Here's how to narrow your search quickly:
- Search for St. George rentals, then use the map to locate a tight cluster of rentals west of Interstate 15, near Dixie Drive.
- Zoom in on that cluster, using the “+” button in the corner of the map. This will shrink your list of rentals.
- There are three resort complexes that border each other (Las Palmas, Sports Village, Amira). Shop all three resorts, or use the descriptions to identify which rentals are in Las Palmas.
Why stay here:
- Lots of on-site activities, including five swimming pools
- Lots of choices on Airbnb
- Competitive rates – get an apartment for the price of a hotel
Coral Springs Resort
We stayed at Coral Springs Resort after hiking the Narrows at Zion National Park. It was so nice to soak in the big jetted tub in our massive master suite at the end of the day. Our family loved the luxury three-bedroom apartment with beautifully landscaped indoor and outdoor pools.
Coral Springs Resort is the closest place on this list to Zion National Park. It's a little north of St. George, just off of Interstate 15.
Why stay here:
- Close to Zion National Park
- Indoor and outdoor pools
- All units professionally managed, with a single owner
Related: Our Review of Coral Springs Resort
When you need a little sunshine, pool time, and nature therapy, St. George, Utah is hard to beat. Hotels and vacation rentals are abundant and affordable.
I hope that our experience helps your family choose a great place to stay in St. George.