Last Updated May 25, 2018
Tips for Family Trips may collect personally identifiable information submitted by users when users visit the Site, voluntarily subscribe to our newsletter, and use services, activities, features, or resources made available on the Site. You can refuse to supply personally identifiable information to remain anonymous, but this may prevent such you from engaging with certain aspects of the Site.
Here are a few examples of the types of information that we may collect from our users:
- Contact information such as your name, phone and fax numbers, address and email address.
- Billing information such as the number, expiration date, card type and billing address of your credit card.
- Demographic information such as your job title, job description, and company name and company type.
- Profile data, including your username and password, and details about your purchases.
- Interactions with our Site's pages, buttons, posts, downloads, and streamed video content.
- Data from clicking-through an affiliate link to a third-party platform and any purchases made on that platform.
Use of Information.
Tips for Family Trips does not trade or sell your personally identifiable information to others. We use the information you provide to improve and personalize your user experience on our Site and your customer experience with our Company. This data helps us understand how users collectively use our services and resources provided on the Site, and how to make our content and services more valuable to you.
Here are a few examples of how we may use your personal information:
- Process your orders and financial transactions
- Respond to customer service requests, questions, and concerns.
- Manage your customer account.
- Send you requested product or service information.
- Inform you about our special offers and services, as well as those of selected third parties.
- Manage promotions and sweepstakes you enter and notify you of the results.
- Investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities and/or violations of our Terms of Service.
- Customize your user experience with targeted product, service, promotion, and marketing offers.
Tips for Family Trips employs such information to improve and personalize user experiences. This data helps us understand how users collectively use our services and resources provided on the Site, and how to make our content more valuable to you.
We also use such information to send periodic emails. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include the Site newsletter and information about special promotions. You may unsubscribe from receiving such emails at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Upon request Tips for Family Trips will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information please contact us at [email protected]
You have the right to access, correct, or delete your Site user account personal information and privacy preferences at any time. For clarity, this right does not include the ability to permanently delete content you have commissioned from Tips for Family Trips. You may access the necessary tools in your Site user account, where you can view and make changes to most of your personal information immediately. If you have issues deleting your information, please contact us at [email protected] with an adequate description of the information you would like altered or deleted and where it is located on our Site so that we can help you quickly and effectively. We are a small business and will respond to your request as soon as we reasonably can. To protect your privacy, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting access to your account or making changes to your personal information.
Please review the following security measures, user recommendations, and liability disclaimers:
Tips for Family Trips is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we follow internal protocol for physical and electronic management of user data to safeguard your information. While we take steps to protect user information, no information shared online can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, Tips for Family Trips make no guarantees regarding the efficacy of our procedures and/or the privacy measures of third-party plugins, vendors, partners, and affiliates.
We recommend that all users take reasonable precautions in making sure your computer software is up to date, that you create unique passwords and update them regularly, and that you maintain anti-virus software or similar preventive measures to ensure your personal data is protected from malware, hackers, and identity thieves.
In the unlikely event of a security breach, we will promptly notify affected users.
We store information that we collect through cookies, log files, transparent images, and/or third party sources to create a summary of your preferences.
Cookies are unique files that websites may place on your device to enhance recognition of your device, account, and/or interests. Cookies may help analyze web traffic by conveying how you use the Site or service (e.g., pages viewed by users, links clicked by users, and similar actions taken on the Site), and personalize and enhance your user experience by allowing ads and web applications to customize according to information collected about your interests. Cookies do not give us access to your devices or personal information beyond the information that you choose to share with us.
While cookies may significantly enhance your experience on the Site, you may choose to decline cookies. You should refer to your computer browser’s setting or help manual on how to accept cookies, how to receive notifications of cookies, and how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that disabling cookies may limit your ability to enjoy the full user experience on the Site.
We are active on social media and publicly share information, images, and video about our company and clients through unaffiliated external social media sites. Please keep in mind that social media sites are public and your posts could show up in search engine results.
We reserve the right to delete a comment from our page on a social media site if it, for example, does not relate to the post, promotes a commercial product or service, uses obscene, threatening, or harassing language, or if it is a personal attack or hate speech that targets or disparages any ethnic, racial, age, or religious group (or other legally protected group), or if it advocates illegal activity or violates copyright laws.
Compliance with COPPA.
The Site presently uses the third-party vendor AdThrive, which collects non-personally identifiable interest information to deliver targeted content and advertising on websites that use the third-party vendor – like our Site – and other websites you may visit. If you prefer to opt out of the third-party vendor collecting any such information, please visit their website at: https://www.adthrive.com/privacy/.
Jurisdiction and Venue.
By using Tips for Family Trips’ Site and services, you agree to the following:
- The laws of the State of Utah shall govern this Agreement.
- All services provided on or through this Site are effectively rendered in the State of Utah, where Tips for Family Trips is headquartered, and such services are passive – meaning that they do not give rise to personal jurisdiction over us in other jurisdictions outside of the State of Utah.
- Any claim or dispute between you and Tips for Family Trips that arises in whole or in part from our Site or related services shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction in Salt Lake County, State of Utah.
Third parties may be placing and reading cookies on your browser, or using web beacons to collect information, in the course of ads being served on the Site.
Google's use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to the Site’s users based on your visit to the Site and/or other sites on the Internet. You may opt out of personalized advertising by visiting your Google accounts’ Ads Settings.