Hey there! Planning a trip to Vienna?
Bundle-and-save passes like Go City Vienna Pass are a great way to save money and simplify your planning. Passes often save you 30-50% on admissions and it's easy to buy and budget before your trip instead of pulling out your credit card at every activity. Once you buy the pass, plan your itinerary around the activities that are included.
My family visited Vienna in late December 2023. Our teens were ages 16 and 19. We had the 2-Day All-Inclusive Go City Vienna Pass and filled our itinerary with included activities. We spent our first day doing activities that were on the Big Bus red route and our second day on activities at Schonbrunn Palace and near our hotel. We saved activities that weren't on the pass for other days.
Here's how the Go City Vienna Pass works, what's included, and my tips for getting the most for your money.
How it Works
Choose between two good options with the Go City Vienna Pass:
- All-Inclusive Pass – Visit as many attractions as you want in 1-6 days. We had the 2-Day All-Inclusive Pass and it worked well for us.
- Explorer Pass – Choose 2-7 attractions from the list. Decide which attractions you want as you go. The pass is good for 60 days.
There are advantages to both types of pass. We used the Explorer Pass option in New York City and I loved the flexibility and not feeling the need to rush from one activity to the next.
In Vienna, we wanted to pack as much as possible into our limited time. Focusing our itinerary on the Big Bus Hop-on, Hop-off Tour on the first day and Schonbrunn Palace on the second day made it easy to get a lot of activities for our money. We saved nearly €100 per adult on eight activities we loved!
Everything is on the Go City app, including your tickets and activity information. At every activity, I just opened the app and they scanned our tickets. The activity information on the app made it clear what was included. Our Schonbrunn Palace Guided Tour required reservations and the app made that clear and gave me all the information I needed to make the reservations a few days before the tour.
The app also makes it easy to organize your favorite activities into a schedule. Use the Map View to find other included attractions nearby that will be easy to visit.
The All-Inclusive Pass must be used on consecutive days. If you buy a 2-day pass, it will expire at midnight on the day after the pass is activated. Consider the Explorer Pass if you want more flexibility.
My only complaint with Go City Vienna was that it wasn't clear which attractions were “skip the line” and which weren't. At most attractions, we needed to visit the ticket desk, which wasn't a big deal. But at the Schonbrunn Zoo, we waited a while in the ticket line only to be told to go straight to the gate.
How to Buy
Buy passes at gocity.com/vienna or download the Go City app and buy your passes in the app. Either way, you'll receive an email with a code that you'll input into the app. Then your passes will appear in the Passes tab.
How Much Will You Save?
Your savings will depend on whether you choose the All-Inclusive or Explorer Pass, the ages of your children, and which activities you choose.
In general, you get more for your money with Go City when you:
- Buy more days or activities – the cost per day (All-Inclusive) or activity (Explorer) goes down when you buy more.
- Choose higher-priced activities – the pass costs the same whether you choose the most expensive or least expensive activities on the list. You get more for your money if you choose higher-priced activities.
- Travel with older kids – child passes are intended for ages 6-14 and they cost less than adult passes. But children and teens get in free to many activities without a pass. Check regular prices on your priority activities before you buy a Go City pass for your child.
- Buy sooner – passes are good for up to two years, have a 90-day cancellation policy, and prices go up sometimes. You might save money if you buy early in your trip planning instead of at the last minute.
- Activate your pass in the morning – your first day of the All-Inclusive Pass ends at midnight on the day you activate it at your first activity. Get the most for your money when you activate it in the morning and use it all day. A multi-day All-Inclusive Pass must be used on consecutive days, so plan your itinerary accordingly.
Here's what we did and how much we saved with the 2-day All-Inclusive pass. My children are ages 16 and 19, so they cost the adult price for the Go City Vienna Pass and many activities.
- Big Bus Tour – €39/adult
- Wiener Riesenrad (Giant Ferris Wheel) – €14/adult
- Madame Tussaud's – €23.40+/adult
- Danube Tower – €18/adult, discounted for children and students up to age 26
- Sigmund Freud Museum – €15/adult, discounted for children and students up to age 26
- Guided Tour of Schonbrunn Palace – €48/adult
- Schonbrunn Zoo – €27/adult, discounted for children up to age 18
- Haus der Musik – €17/adult, discounted for children and students up to age 26
Total regular adult price – €201.40
Cost of adult Go City Vienna All-Inclusive Pass – €104 ($114 at that time)
We saved 48% – about €97 per adult!
Regular prices for our teens would have been discounted at several attractions, but those discounts would not have been anywhere close to €97.
Disclosure: We received two complimentary passes from Go City for the purpose of review. We paid full price for the other two and saved nearly €200 more, compared with not buying the pass for the same activities. My opinions are my own.
Go City makes your pass risk-free in three ways:
- Unactivated passes are good for two full years. If you postpone your trip, your pass can be used later.
- 90-day cancellation policy. Get your money back if you change your mind after you buy
- Go City guarantees that you will save money with the pass. They will refund the difference if you don't.
There are a lot of bundle-and-save passes to choose from in Vienna, and they will all save you money if you use them right. But they don't all work the same way, and they all have different advantages.
Here are the advantages of choosing the All-Inclusive Pass from Go City:
- Dozens of popular attractions to choose from
- Visit as many attractions as you want on the days the pass is active.
- Choose as you go. Most attractions do not require reservations.
The Go City Vienna All-Inclusive Pass is a great option for families who want to see and do a lot in Vienna for one discounted price. The more you do, the more you save.