Have you heard about Families Fly Free? It's a program that will show you how to fly your family around the U.S. and beyond for free.
Lyn Mettler is the face and founder of Families Fly Free. She has developed a system that helps families earn loyalty points faster and then stretch those points to get more free flights. Her family of four flies for free up to six times per year.
I already knew about travel hacking with points and how to find cheap flights. I already had Lyn's recommended credit cards and a large number of credit card points.
So I could already book free flights. Why did I need Families Fly Free???
Because I had no idea that I was STILL spending more money and points than I had to. I was missing crucial information.
If you are ready to fly more often for a lot less money, Families Fly Free may be a game-changer for you too.
Here's my Families Fly Free review.
Is it legitimate?
Yes. Families Fly Free is legitimate. It's simply a program that shows you how to grow your bank of credit card points faster and then use it to book flights (and more) for the least amount of points.
I've never seen anyone put all the pieces together like Lyn has.
The strategies you'll learn in Families Fly Free are available to everyone, but most people don't know that they exist. What I've learned from this program has changed the way I book flights.
It does take some extra time and effort to learn the Families Fly Free system and make it work. If you enjoy planning trips and scoring deals, then you'll probably love it.
Who is Families Fly Free for?
Families Fly Free is a good fit for families who:
- Have good credit and pay off balances in full every month
- Like flying Southwest and want to fly 2+ times per year
- Are ready to learn how to use credit cards and book flights in a new way
Families Fly Free isn't right for everyone. It works best for families who NEVER pay credit card interest and LOVE to travel. While it sounds nice to fly 2-6 times per year, even I had to think about whether that would really work for my busy family.
But now that I've tried it, I'm so excited about the possibilities! Flights are one of the biggest expenses of a family vacation, and those costs keep many of us in a road trip rut. Families Fly Free makes it possible to cut the cost of flights to nearly nothing.
How does it work?
Families Fly Free will show you how to build a big bank of Southwest Rapid Rewards points and Chase Ultimate Rewards points with credit card signup bonuses and everyday spending. Then you'll learn how to maximize those points to get more free flights, free hotel nights, and other travel benefits.
Families Fly Free came along at the perfect time for me. I already had a big stash of Southwest Rapid Rewards points and was ready to make credit cards a bigger part of my travel strategy. We always pay our credit card balances in full so we never pay interest and the travel rewards are truly free. Southwest is one of our favorite airlines.
But until I got inside Families Fly Free, I had no idea what I was missing. Lyn helped me take my credit card rewards strategy to a whole new level.
What you get
You'll receive access to the Families Fly Free media library where you'll find
- live webinars
- private podcasts
- personal support from Lyn and her team
This is a meaty program that also includes money-saving tips for hotels, rental cars, activities, and much more. I've found it easy to learn the Families Fly Free system. I can also search for specific topics anytime.
Lyn sends frequent emails filled with news and tips that you can use right now. I landed $300 flights to Honolulu from SLC ($44 total with points) because of a Families Fly Free email. Lyn has been quick to respond to my questions too.
Your membership also includes a 30-minute personal consultation. This consultation put me on track to earn my Southwest Companion Pass faster.
How much time will it take?
There's a lot to learn in Families Fly Free – especially if you haven't done much with credit card points before. I was already familiar with using points and I had a lot of Southwest Rapid Rewards points when I joined Families Fly Free, so I was able to start booking free flights for fewer points right away.
Lyn keeps the process simple and she makes it easy to access everything from your phone. You can learn it in the way that works best for you – whether you listen, watch, or read.
You can also learn the Families Fly Free process at your own pace – though I recommend that you set aside a couple of hours to learn the basics and start earning free flights sooner.
What it costs
Families Fly Free costs $1595 for 12 months of access to the program. I get it. That's a lot of money, and you didn't build a great credit score by making decisions like this lightly.
Here are a few good reasons to commit.
- Families Fly Free has a money-back guarantee. If you don't save at least 2x the cost of membership Lyn will refund your money. The information you get from this program can help you save thousands on airfare and open new travel opportunities for your family.
- Families Fly Free also has a generous referral policy. If you refer a friend who purchases the program, you'll receive a 50% referral bonus. Refer two friends and your membership is free!
I'm confident that Families Fly Free will save you thousands of dollars and forever change the way you book flights. However, if you do not save 2x the cost of the program with Families Fly Free, Lyn will refund the cost of your program.
Full disclosure: I will receive a sales commission if you use the links in this review to sign up for Families Fly Free.
BUT YOU CAN GET THE SAME DEAL! You'll get a 50% referral bonus when you refer a friend to Families Fly Free. Refer two friends, and your program is FREE!
My results (so far)
I joined Families Fly Free in May 2021. I already had the recommended credit cards and a bunch of Southwest Rapid Rewards and Chase Ultimate Rewards, so I was able to start booking free flights for fewer points right away.
Here are my results so far…
- In my one-on-one consultation, Lyn gave me a credit card strategy that would increase my Rapid Rewards balance by 80,000 points and help me earn the Southwest Companion Pass faster. We earned nearly 200,000 points and earned the Companion Pass by July 2021. The Southwest Companion Pass will allow one person to fly with me for FREE on every flight I book through December 2022.
- I already had summer flights to California booked on Southwest. Lyn showed me how to change a 7:15 AM flight with a layover to an 11:20 AM nonstop flight with no increase in the ticket price. I had no idea it could be so easy.
- I booked Fall Break flights from Salt Lake City to New York City for about $280 per person in points. Our total cost is $44. Using strategies from Families Fly Free, I moved those flights from the cheapest dates/times to the dates/times we really want.
- My husband and I spent a romantic weekend in Las Vegas using our Southwest points and Companion Pass, flying for a total of $22. Bonus: We had a Free Night reward from our Hilton credit card and got our room at the new Resorts World Las Vegas for free too!
- We used Southwest points to book our Spring Break flights to Houston for a cruise. Our total cost was $44. When the flight was delayed 3+ hours, we asked for and got $400 in vouchers for future flights ($100 per person).
- The cost of flights skyrocketed in Summer 2022. My husband needed to fly to Louisville, Kentucky for a conference and I wanted to go too. We combined our companion pass with our vouchers and both flew to Kentucky for about $300 total in July.
- My daughter started college and had a different Fall Break than my son. So, my husband and son went to a concert in Los Angeles, and my daughter and I went to Washington D.C. It took one phone call to change my companion for the free companion pass. We let the kids pick their destinations and we all flew for $33 total on Southwest.
- When I found a flight deal from Los Angeles to Tokyo for $600 per person, I booked it! I knew that we could fly Southwest from Salt Lake City to Los Angeles on Southwest for $11 per person, roundtrip. This program has given us a lot more access to international flight deals.
- My daughter and I needed to travel to San Francisco for a visa appointment to study abroad in Austria. No problem! We flew to Oakland on Southwest for $22 total and used our Chase Ultimate Rewards points to book one free night in a hotel near Fisherman's Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge.
- After earning the Southwest Companion Pass in 2021, I made our Chase Sapphire card our everyday credit card. We got the big signup bonus ($600 in points) and have been earning points ever since. We have used our Chase Ultimate Rewards points to stay nine free nights since we joined Families Fly Free.
After booking all these flights and hotel rooms, we still have a balance of nearly 180,000 Southwest points and 20,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards! They just keep rolling in.
Families Fly Free has changed the way I shop for flights. If you have good financial habits and are ready to learn a few new tricks that will help your family fly more often for less, then click the button below to learn more about this innovative program.