LEGOLAND California Resort in Carlsbad, California is a top San Diego-area attraction for many families. We were happy to find that there is also a SEA LIFE Aquarium at the resort and that it was included in the BOGO passes we bought with LEGO Club Magazine coupons.
Should you add the SEA LIFE Aquarium at LEGOLAND California Resort to your itinerary? Here’s what you need to know to make the call.
The SEA LIFE Aquarium at LEGOLAND California Resort is one of a chain of SEA LIFE Aquariums across the U.S. and Europe. Though we have visited several U.S. aquariums, this was our first SEA LIFE Aquarium.
The most fun thing about the partnership between SEA LIFE Aquarium and LEGOLAND is that LEGO sculptures are part of the aquarium scenery. It’s delightful to see real sea creatures swimming among LEGO models.
The exhibits at SEA LIFE Aquarium are comparable to aquarium exhibits we’ve seen elsewhere. It has a shark tunnel, touch pool, and more than 200 species – 5,000 animals in all. Our favorites included sharks, rays, eels, colorful starfish, sea horses, and giant crabs.
Check out the online show schedule in advance to see if there are shows and demonstrations you don’t want to miss. The shows are neither long nor elaborate. We caught the interactive SCUBA demonstration and the Octopus Feeding and thought they were fun.
The SEA LIFE Aquarium at LEGOLAND is relatively small, so you can see it all in a couple of hours – or a leisurely half day at most.
Can you see LEGOLAND and Sea Life Aquarium on the same day?
We didn’t, but it could be done. Allow 1-2 hours to visit the SEA LIFE Aquarium if you want to visit LEGOLAND and the aquarium on the same day.
We visited LEGOLAND during Spring Break and felt like one full day in the park was just enough for us. We were glad to return the next morning to visit the SEA LIFE Aquarium with fresh energy. It helped that our hotel had a free shuttle to LEGOLAND so we didn’t have to pay parking fees both days.
Good to Know
Where: One LEGOLAND Drive, Carlsbad, California. The SEA LIFE Aquarium is located next to the LEGOLAND entrance. You can’t miss it.
When: Open daily. Hours change seasonally. Visit LEGOLAND’s Opening Days and Hours page to find when it will be open during your visit.
- $20 at the door for everyone over age 3.
- Save up to 20% if you buy online in advance.
- Save 50% or more by bundling your SEA LIFE Aquarium admission with your LEGOLAND admission. See the LEGOLAND ticketing page for details.
- Parking at LEGOLAND California is $15 per day
How Long: 1-3 hours
Amenities: gift shop, cafe
Planning a trip to LEGOLAND?
Use our exclusive coupon code and save $10 when you book your Southern California vacation through Get Away Today: FamilyTrips.
You may also enjoy
- 11 tips for visiting LEGOLAND California – Carlsbad
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park – Escondido
- San Diego Zoo – San Diego
- Balboa Park – San Diego
- USS Midway Museum – San Diego
- Kids play, stay and eat free in San Diego in October
- West Inn and Suites – Carlsbad
- Omni La Costa Resort and Spa – Carlsbad
- Our California destination page for more Southern California recommendations
- Our San Diego for Families Pinterest board