Dreaming of Disneyland? Love Halloween too?
This is Kimberly, back again from Get Away Today. If you’re a Disney fan, then you may already know tickets for the annual Disneyland Halloween party are already on sale. But have you heard about all the changes?
I have the inside scoop on the brand new Halloween party at Disneyland this year. There are lots of changes! If you’re thinking of visiting Disneyland during Halloween Time, here's what's happening in 2019.
When is Halloween Time at Disneyland?
Halloween Time at Disneyland kicks off earlier than ever before. Both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park will be decked out in fall and Halloween themed decor from September 6 – October 31, 2019. Expect to see familiar favorites like the giant Mickey pumpkin, costumed Disney characters, the Headless Horseman and more.
Radiator Springs will transform into Radiator Screams, with Halloween ride overlays at Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween and Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree. In the evenings, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! will turn into Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark.
Over in Disneyland Park, the Haunted Mansion will get its annual holiday makeover. This Nightmare Before Christmas overlay is a favorite with visitors during the Halloween and Christmas seasons.
What About Mickey’s Halloween Party?
Mickey’s Halloween Party is not happening in 2019. This separate, ticketed event in Disneyland has been replaced by Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party now hosted in Disney California Adventure Park.
Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party
Get ready for a new party host in town! Oogie Boogie is throwing the biggest Halloween bash you’ve ever seen. This separately ticketed event starts September 17, 2019 in Disney California Adventure Park and continues on select nights until October 31, 2019.
Here are the details.
The Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party begins on Tuesday, September 17, 2019. It will be open Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday nights until October 31, 2019. It goes from 6-11 PM, and your Oogie Boogie Bash ticket will grant you admission to Disney California Adventure Park as early as 2 PM on select dates. Purchase Oogie Boogie Bash tickets directly from Disney.
Oogie Bookie Bash will be held in Disney California Adventure Park.
This means the park will close to guests who do not have Oogie Boogie Bash tickets. Guests with Park Hopper tickets can finish the day in Disneyland Park. Guests with a 1-Park per Day ticket should spend Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays in Disneyland Park, or plan to finish the day around 6 PM.
Oogie Boogie will be ushering in some new Halloween Time experiences this year, mixing them up with some of your favorites from the now-retired Mickey’s Halloween Party.
- Villainous: A Halloween-themed version of World of Color at Paradise Bay
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail Transformed: Travel the trail with new overlays featuring Ursula, Scar and the Queen of Hearts
- Immersive Trail Treats: Oogie Boogie and the Mad Hatter can be spotted trick-or-treating
- Trick or Treating: Various cauldrons throughout the park will contain candy for trick or treaters
- DescenDance: The Backlot in Hollywood Land will host a Descendants-themed, family-friendly dance party
- Frightfully Fun Parade: Watch Disney characters, including villains, parade through Disney California Adventure Park, decked out for Halloween
- Mickey’s Trick & Treat: Mickey and his pals will host a live show at Disney Theater in Hollywood Land during the Oogie Boogie Bash
- Carthay Circle: Catch some visual effects as a swarm of bats encircle the tower and transform the Bell Tower for Halloween
- Character Encounters: Be sure to keep a lookout for your favorite Disney villains during Halloween Time, including evil queens and more.
Tickets for Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party are on sale now, and must be purchased directly from Disney.
Click the button to see prices and availability at Disneyland's official website.
Ways to Save
Halloween Time is one of the most beloved times of year for Disneyland guests. There is so much to see and do with a spooky, pumpkin twist this time of year.
There are no ticket discounts for Oogie Boogie Bash, but Get Away Today can help you save money on your regular park tickets and hotel.
If you are interested in visiting Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park during Halloween Time this fall, lock-in current savings by booking with Get Away Today now. Using the Layaway Plan, you can book your Halloween Time vacation package and make interest-free payments up until five days before travel.
You can see vacation packages at www.getawaytoday.com, or call an agent directly at 855-GET-AWAY. Let us know Tips for Family Trips sent you, and use promo code, Tips10Trips for an additonal $10 in savings with Get Away Today.