There are 5 planning stages in every family vacation. Let us help you every step of the way.
Where should we go?
- Visit our Destinations page to find fun family destinations in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean and Europe!
- Quiz: Where should you go on your summer vacation?
- Quiz: What is your ideal Spring Break vacation?
- Our favorite family destinations 2016
- Our favorite family destinations 2015
- Our most popular posts 2015
- Our favorite family destinations 2014
- Our most popular posts 2014
- 10 last minute ideas for summer fun
- Romantic destinations (because what’s good for Mom and Dad is good for the whole family!)
- Patriotic U.S. destinations
How will we pay for it?
- 7 tips for finding cheap airline tickets
- 5 risks of buying 3rd party airline tickets
- What does travel insurance cover?
- Getting the most from Groupon Getaways
- 20 tips for doing Disney on a budget
- Start a savings jar
How will we get there?
- Tips for flying with a toddler or baby
- 10 ways to save on rental cars
- 6 tips for driving in snow
- Does your child need a passport?
- 7 tips for riding the Bolt Bus
Where will we sleep?
- What to look for in a great family hotel
- 5 reasons to rent a vacation home
- 10 tips to help you find the perfect vacation rental
- Tent camping tips for first-timers
- Road trip prep tips
What should we pack?
- 6 tips for packing light
- Our printable packing list
- 10 travel toys for kids that fit in ONE backpack
- 10 screen-free ways to entertain kids in the car
- 10 great books you’ll want to borrow from your kids
- 3 ways to use packing cubes
- DIY water bottle carriers
- Travel Gear Roundup 1 – Airhook, Eco Vessel, Nomadix towel, Hip City Sak, Traveler’s Essential Kit
More family travel planning tips
- 11 home security tips for vacations
- 6 tips to help you eat healthy on vacation
- Tips for surviving and thriving in crowds