Tips for Family Trips is celebrating its 3rd anniversary today! We’d like to thank all of our readers for the biggest year yet. In addition to adding 80 new posts, here are a few more ways that Tips for Family Trips has grown.
- Launched a FREE monthly newsletter, with subscriber-only giveaways and deals.
- Partnered with Get Away Today Vacations
- Added four new major destinations: Arizona, Bermuda, New York, South Carolina
Here is a list of our most popular posts written in the past 12 months, and our most popular posts in our 3rd year overall.
Most popular posts added this year
Our tips for visiting LEGOLAND California is the top post at Tips for Family Trips overall , so it’s not surprising that our top post written in Year 3 is connected to this great family destination.
Allison’s posts about her son’s Make-A-Wish trip remain popular among families who are planning their own Make-A-Wish trips to Orlando, Florida.
This round-up of posts about all the fantastic family activities in the Black Hills was an instant hit on Pinterest. If you thought Mount Rushmore was the only place to go, you might be surprised by the long list of other fun things to do there.
Who doesn’t need some fresh ideas to keep kids busy on that next car or plane trip? Here is list of our favorite family-tested travel toys.
Love collecting sea shells at the beach? Florida’s Caladesi Island State Park is an excellent, uncrowded beach that shell hunters are sure to adore.
Here are a few more top posts from the past year
- 6 tips for visiting the Statue of Liberty with kids
- Explore beautiful La Jolla Cove
- Kids get in free in San Diego in October
- Find shark teeth fossils at Brownie’s Beach, MD
- 5 risks of buying 3rd party airline tickets
Most popular posts overall
This post held the top spot last year, and is still our top all-time post for Year 3! We’re keeping it relevant by checking facts, answering reader questions, and even adding a new tip after Allison’s recent tour of LEGOLAND at the TMS Carlsbad conference.
We updated this older post a few months ago, and then Pinterest users pinned and re-pinned until it reached our #2 spot for Year 3. We love our social media followers!
One reader commented on our San Diego Zoo post, “You are to the point!!! No talk about nonsense. I like that. You said tips and that’s what you gave us.” It made our day, because we love to give you tips you can really use.
This post about landing a good travel deal on Groupon has been a favorite among readers since our first year. It was recently given a facelift, and the tips are still solid.
This post wins for “Best Title,” because people ask their search engines “Can you swim in the Great Salt Lake” every single day! We couldn’t be happier to have the answer.
More of our most popular posts
- Tips for flying with a toddler or baby
- Go wild at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Everything you need to know about visiting Four Corners Monument
- Disney World dining on a budget
- Best Utah destinations from A to Z
Thanks for a great year!
Have any of our posts helped you plan a great family vacation? Please share your favorites in the comments.
You may also enjoy