Allison is a monthly contributor to the popular lifestyle blog Or So She Says, and today we are teaming up with Mariel at Or So She Says and her other contributors to help you get to know us, and find new blogs that you might enjoy. If you love recipes, crafts, style, parenting, emergency preparedness and other lifestyle inspiration, you’re sure to dig a few of the other blogs listed at the end of this post.
Next week, we’ll be joining with Or So She Says and these contributors in a great giveaway! Prizes include a vacation from Get Away Today and bundles of our favorite books.
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
Allison: I love visiting new places and sharing what we’ve learned. When I read a friend’s personal blog a couple of years ago, I thought that a travel blog would be a great way to share the tips and tricks we have picked up along the way.
2. What’s your favorite and least favorite thing about blogging?
3. With only 20 words, tell us 20 things you love.
4. What is the one recipe you are most often asked to share?
5. 5 favorite beauty products, right now… what are they?
Allison: You’ve come to the wrong place to find cutting edge style and beauty advice, but I do love fun and colorful beauty products that are easy to use – and pack in a suitcase.
- Tinted moisturizer with SPF – It’s sunscreen, moisturizer and foundation in one. I use the Mary Kay version.
- Equate Original Clean Wet Cleansing Towelettes – These wipes make removing make-up quick and easy without leaving mascara stains on the washcloths.
- Maybelline Eye Studio domes – This two-in-one eye shadow is my daily go-to for a fun and flattering eye shade with a little sparkle.
- Hot Tools 1″ curling iron – Now that I’ve finally jumped on the curl bandwagon, I’d have a hard time living without this curling iron. This professional-grade iron is the best I’ve ever owned.
- Sunscreen – I’m not picky about brands, but wearing sunscreen is the easiest way to keep your skin young and reduce your risk of cancer. I keep a tube in the car, so we never forget it.
6. What’s your personal mantra?
7. Something you tell yourself on a regular basis?
8. What movie made you laugh more than any other?
9. If you could recommend one family vacation, what would it be?
10. What goals are you currently working on?
- Snacking on fruits and vegetables instead of pantry food.
- Scheduling a monthly family-fun activity that all seven of us participate in.
11. Please share links to 3 blog posts that are special to you, and explain why.
- 10 tips for visiting LEGOLAND California Resort – This is our most popular post by far. We use this post as an example of what works for our readers.
- How we became a kayak family, by Allison – This is more of a philosophical post than a destination post, but it’s an example of my approach to life. I wrote this post a couple of months before my son’s cancer diagnosis, and it means even more to me since then.
- Tips for Planning an Outer Banks Beach Vacation, by Katie – The Outer Banks of North Carolina are my family’s favorite vacation destination. Every time I open this post, I smile because of the amazing memories our family has made here.
Get to know my fellow contributors too!
Cooking with Ruthie
Lemon Tree Dwelling
Tips for Family Trips
Five Heart Home
Double the Deliciousness
Nine a Plenty
Bits of Everything
Kiki & Company
Additional Contributors (not in blog hop):