If you would like to give to a good cause this holiday season, consider donating to Passports with Purpose. Passports with Purpose is partnering with buildOn to build schools in Mali, Africa. For every $10 you donate, you’ll be entered to win one of dozens of prizes including great getaways, electronics, travel gear and more.
About Passports with Purpose
Passports with Purpose was founded by a group of travel bloggers in 2008. That year, they raised $7,400 for Heifer International. In 2012, $110,000 was raised for Water.org to build wells in Haiti. This year, Passports with Purpose has more sponsors, bloggers and prizes than ever. The 2013 fundraising goal is $115,000. This amount will build three schools and fund three adult literacy programs in the nation of Mali.
It’s hard to know how to start listing the prizes. There are so many good ones. A few of my favorites include:
- A Family Space Camp experience for 2 in Huntsville, Alabama from Perceptive Travel.
- A 15-day Morocco tour from Solo Traveler.
- 3 nights at the Four Seasons in Punta Mita, Mexico from Ciao Bambino.
- A $1000 Home Away gift certificate from Girl Gone Travel.
- A GoPro Hero3 Camera from Albany Kid.
- A $300 Choice Hotels gift certificate from Kidventurous.
- DK Travel Guides and $100 AMEX gift card from Family Travel Everything Everywhere.
- A $100 iTunes gift card from The Roaming Bean
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. There are over 75 prizes to choose from! Prize winners will be notified in mid-December. If you’re lucky, you can help a good cause AND have something extra special to put under the tree this year.
As you can see, the schools for Mali are well on their way, but much more is needed and there are just a few more days in the fundraising drive. Please join me in helping Passports with Purpose make a difference in the world.